Friday, August 29, 2014

My top 5 Oculus Rift DK2 demos


After playing a lot of demos on my Oculus Rift DK2 over the past few weeks, I just had to list my favorites here in the form of a top 5.

5. Ocean Rift

 Being a big fan of fishes and anything ocean related, this game really got me excited. I was able to swim with a whale, and get up close and personal with a shark. I really recommend you to try out this game as a small demo. It's still pretty low on content at the moment, so it really is enough for a quick underwater test, but I'll be looking forward to the final release.

Image

4. Sightline: The Chair 

 This demo really managed to surprise and amaze me with it's great art, and the great way it had to showcase it. Although I had frame rate issues at times I still really managed to enjoy it.


 3. Mikulus 

 This is probably the second most amazing and yet simple oculus demo in which I really spend more time than I should. I just really love Miku, and the type of miku in this game is just really well made, with it's lit up parts, and the eyes that follow you. She feels like she is really standing in front of you.


2. Cyber Space Ride

 This is probably the most nauseating and amazing demo. This is the demo that I showed to everone who I showed my DK2 to. It's just really amazing how it feels like you're there, eventhough it's purely visual.


1. Virtual Desktop

 This made my number 1 place, because it's just a really handy program, which made watching series or browsing the internet a lot more enjoyable on a big screen. I use it a lot, although it could use a higher res screen, it still works really well, and I still enjoy it after using it for over 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment